Why Drink Green Tea
One of the most popular teas at Steaped is green tea, and for good reason, its refreshing and crisp taste is what makes it the go to beverage for many tea lovers. There are hundreds of green tea blends that compliment a green tea base, but beyond the great taste, there are many reasons to make this tea a part of our daily lives. Here are 5 reasons to spark your interest:
1. Antioxidant Rich: You have probably heard this term several times when it comes to tea, but what are antioxidants? Antioxidants protect your body free radicals, which are harmful molecules that many experts believe are a contributing factor in cancer and other disease.
2. Reduce Weight: Staying active and fit can be a challenge in our busy lives, but its always great to get some support! Green tea has shown to increase fat burning and boost our metabolic rate, helping to reduce fat and remain slim.
3. Improved Dental Health: Catechins, an antioxidant in green tea, has been shown to kill bacteria like Streptococcus, bacteria that can live in the mouth and case plague, cavities and tooth decay.
4. Reduce the Risk of Diseases: Heart disease, cardiovascular disease, stroke and other illnesses
like diabetes are far too common in our communities. The antioxidants and properties contained in green tea have shown through studies to reduce the risk of these health issues. Some studies have shown that green tea drinkers have up to 31% lower risk of cardiovascular disease and 42% lower risk of developing type II diabetes.
5. Improved Memory: Research has indicated that the properties in green tea can enhance the
brain’s cognitive functions and improve one’s memory. Although further studies continue to discover more about green tea, it has shown promise in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia.
If you’re new to drinking tea and are not sure where to begin, we recommend green tea as a great place to start! This beverage is easy to adopt into your daily routine and a fantastic addition to improving your health. Visit Steaped today and our knowledgeable staff will help you discover your perfect tea.
Join us on our Facebook Page for up to date offers and discounts. Steaped Facebook!